Who knew a manicure could be so stressful?
I’m going to be honest, one of the most stressful beauty decisions that I make on a regular basis is what nail colour to put on.
…I might need to explain that one. You see a lot of other beauty choices are rather easy, but choosing a nail colour is a completely different story. There are a lot of things to consider: season, possible upcoming outfits, latest colours released by Chanel, runway trends. It’s a tough choice!
Ok, I realize that nail polish is pretty temporary (you’ll be lucky to go over a week and a half chip-free), but if you’re paying for a manicure you want it to be worth the cost. If you’re doing it yourself, it’s going to take a bit of time and effort so you want to get it right the first time.
In the last two weeks I think I have changed my nail colour about four times…no wait, 5 (at-home manicures are a great procrastination device). Here are my recent choices:
1. A pretty, sheer pink – Essie, Like Linen
2. A happy pale blue – Essie, Lapiz of Luxury
3. A classic cherry red – Deborah Lippmann, My Old Flame
4. A…Purple (it’s honestly the only way I can think to describe this one) – Max Factor, Intense Plum
5. A deep, dark winey purple (it looks more burgundy in the photo below – Essie, Sole Mate (my current colour)